Sunday, June 19, 2011

Exclusive Interview!With Singer Josh Kelley

Singer Josh Kelley Talks Raising Money For Kids’ Lunches, Life With Katherine Heigl

Katherine Heigl’s singer hubby Josh Kelley is more than just a pretty face with a great voice. He’s a dad with a big heart and is doing his part to help kids out this summer. Josh fills us in on his volunteerism, his upcoming tour with Taylor
Swift and watching Katherine film love scenes.
CG: Tell us about the tour you’re doing for ConAgra Foods Foundation’s Hunger Free Summer for Kids. How did you get involved with this organization?
Josh: As a dad, I can’t imagine a world where my daughter would ever be hungry. So when I heard that there are millions of kids at risk of hunger, especially during the summer when school is out, I knew I had to get involved. I’m working with the ConAgra Foods Foundation to help raise awareness about the issue and how people can get help and give help. Through the Hunger-Free Summer Program, the ConAgra Foods Foundation has pledged $5 million to feeding America over five years to expand summer meal programs to more children in more places. And this summer, while I’m on tour for Georgia Clay, I’m visiting five food bands across the country to sing for the kids and volunteer my time. One great way for people to get involved – whether you want to give help, or if your family needs to get help – it to visit www.hungerfreesummertour.org.
CG: You’re also going on tour with Taylor Swift! How did you hook up with her?
Josh: She was nice enough to ask me to open for her! I am so excited to get out on the road in front of her fans. It’s going to be a blast. I can’t wait to see her show too because she’s a great performer.
CG: Where are you going on the tour?
Josh: We will be playing shows on the West Coast with Taylor.
CG: You’re married to Katherine Heigl! Is she going to come to your shows or is she off working in CT this summer on Gently Down the Stream ?
Josh: She will come out to some shows this summer, and I’ll visit her on the set. I always say that home is where mama is.
CG: Is it hard being married to an actress that’s gone for months on end doing movies? And her in turn – you’re gone for long stretches of time on tours. How do you two make it work?
Josh: You make time for things in your life that you want to have in your life. You just make it work. Yes, we both travel and work, but we are both doing what we love we wouldn’t trade it. Even though sometimes our schedules can be a little crazy.
CG: Do you get jealous watching Katherine make out with other men on screen? She’s smooched a fair few hotties!
Josh: I can’t say I like watching it, but it’s part of the job.
CG: What’s the best part of your career? Every job has things about it that are annoying – what makes your career worth it for you?
Josh: The best part of my career is creating and performing music. It is my absolute passion. I get to wake up and love what I do, every single day.
You can check out Josh on his tour around the country this summer and his new CD Georgia Clay is out in stores now! Thanks Josh!

No comments:

//SEO SCRIPT POWERED BY MUKUND - www.newbloggingtipz.com