Tuesday, February 22, 2011

So You Think You Can Dance Judge Mary Murphy Is Cancer-Free

The squeal is sticking around.
Mary Murphy, the judge on Fox's So You Think You Can Dance famed for her high-pitched scream and trademark laugh, announced she's free from thyroid cancer after undergoing surgery last month.
"I just want to kiss my doctor," Murphy told Life & Style. "I definitely feel like there's an angel on my shoulder. I feel like somebody's looking out for me."
MORE: SYTYCD judge on why she's leaving the show
The 52-year-old ballroom dance champ and choreographer was given a clean bill of health by her doctors Feb. 17 after going under the knife back in December to have a tumor in her thyroid removed.
"I'm very grateful because I'm so upset at myself that I didn't go in earlier," Murphy said, noting she received her diagnosis over three years ago but waited until now to take care of it. But for good reason apparently.
"They told me that the tumor had to come out and there's a chance I might not be able to talk again. Outside of the word 'cancer,' I really couldn't imagine my life without hearing myself laugh," she added.
We're glad to hear the operation was a success and Murphy is still planning her return (after skipping last season) to the SYTYCD judges panel when the hit talent contest's eight season debuts this summer.
"I've had a major roller coaster of a life, for sure. But my roller coaster keeps going up and down," she confessed. "I just want to thank all my friends and family and my fans."

No comments:

//SEO SCRIPT POWERED BY MUKUND - www.newbloggingtipz.com